April 01, 2011

Blocked on April Fools Day

I have blogged recently about my notion that the fake press release may be my genre of choice. All my life I have yearned for a creative outlet, and I have been too clumsy and inarticulate to express myself - but the fake press release, that may just be my métier.



Given my choice of art form, you'd think that April Fools Day would be my Day of The Year, my personal Christmas, New Years, and Fourth of July all rolled into one.

I've hit a creative wall, a mocker's block. The press releases that other people are putting out tremendously exceed my ability to make stuff up.

You just can't make up stuff that good. Maybe we're all April Fools.

Also, James Fallows on a similar topic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--