March 17, 2010

My Life in a Venn Diagram

I have written before about my appreciation of Venn Diagrams and all that they imply. This diagram from Indexed seems particularly trenchant:

Life in a Venn Diagram, Power Chair, and Me

So the Aeron space at the intersection of 40's and power chairs refers to Aeron chairs, once a symbol of dot-com cluelessness and arguably the most trendy power-chair for those who accumulate such things. The Rascal Scooter, on the other hand, at the intersection of 80's and power chairs, is an electric scooter for senior citizens.

And I - (I who have an Aeron in my office, and probably a recumbent trike if not an actual Rascal in my future) - I am somewhere on the spectrum, as indicated above, inexorably moving left-to-right, at what seems to be an increasing rate. To have one's life represented in such a manner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--