October 29, 2009

Google: Exordium and Terminus, aka 2525

On Wednesday Google introduced two new concepts. Concept One is that the beta Android operating system contains free Google mapping. Stock prices for Garmin and TomTom (people that sell GPS mapping) are down. Another industry based on selling arcane information on a retail basis challenged by the Google the Category Killer.

Concept Two is Music Search: when you type a song title into Google, you'll get four results that are Google's attempt to let you hear that song.

I wanted to test drive this, so I Googled the title of a favorite song from my youth: 2525. The song is really titled Exordium and Terminus, by Zager and Evans, but I tried the more obscure '2525' just to see what Google did. (Exordium means beginning, and terminus means end.)

Google returned two videos of the song, and two videos of a television show called "Cleopatra 2525". Not bad in the way of search results.


One of the links was this excellent video, made decades after the song was recorded, and I thought I'd include it here because (1) it's a value-added update to an old fave, and (2) it connects to my previous post about Wired For War.

Without further ado, here is
Exordium and Terminus by Zager and Evans:


2 comments:

Bram Reichbaum said...

You're right. Cleopatra 2525 wasn't bad. I think it got canceled midway through its first season, though.

Unknown said...

Cool video AND ultra cool song!🎶🎶🎶😎🎶🎶🎶

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--