July 13, 2009

Landscape Comparison, NOVA vs. Pennsylvania

The Gentle Rolling Hills of Northern Virginia


I spent a few days in Northern Virgina, which they apparently call NOVA, at my wife's nephew's wedding. It is pretty country down there, and in spite of myself every time I try to describe it I end up with "gentle rolling hills".



What's the equivalent description of Pennsylvania's landscape?


Here's what I ended up with:
Voluptuous in a BBW-sort of way, coarse-grained, with overstuffed, lumpy hills heaving out at unlikely angles, interspersed with pock-marked sinkholes.

Alternative descriptions are hereby solicited. If there are a few submissions, we'll run a poll.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--