June 01, 2009

My Mom is Visiting

click the image for an alternative view



I'm inclined to try to keep the perspective of the old song:
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li.
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Hush now don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li.
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, That's an Irish lullaby.

Over in Killarney, many years ago,
Me Mother sang a song to me in tones so sweet and low.
Just a simple little ditty, in her good old Irish way.
And I'd give the world if she could sing that song to me this day.

1 comments:

Mark said...

The mashups just get better. A nice little article on parenting in the NYT Sunday Mag this week - the link won't paste into this box for some reason - the title is "Let the Kid Be"

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--