April 16, 2009

Tazza D'Oro : Excellent Pittsburgh Coffee Shop

My friend Mark and I have been meeting at coffee shops lately, and there's a few places I've heard of and have wanted to go see so I'm trying to work them into our pattern.

Tazza D'OroWednesday evening we met at Tazza D'Oro in Highland Park. I became aware of them because they sponsor group bike rides.

On Tuesdays they have the Team Decaf ride, which is a comfortable, mostly-flat "C" ride with a no-drop atmosphere. On Thursdays they have the Team Caffeine ride, which is an A-/B ride with hills. They're considering a Team Half-Caf ride, which splits the difference.

I was pleased to have a chance to go visit. Excellent coffee - I had a cafe au lait first, and later a cappuccino. Excellent staff, lots of seats at small tables, Wifi. The people skewed a bit older than what you'd see at the BeeHive — the Tazza D'Oro crowd was more in the grad-student to 40-something spectrum.

FWIW, excellent coffee shop, highly recommended.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for your generous words about Tazza D'Oro. Hope to meet you soon - maybe on a Tues nite ride?
Amy

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--