March 06, 2009

The Flirty Temptations of Imminent Spring

Intermittent warm days are flirting and tempting me, and soon it's going to be the best time of the year: bicycle time. In fact, Friday afternoon I saw four bicyclists: an intrepid commuter, and three roadies.

This is the time when I break out my wishlists from previous years and try to pick a few bike events to plan the rest of my life around.



The Five Boro Bike Ride is Sunday, May 3rd. Even though it's not a classic epic distance, it's a remarkable route, and it would be cool to ride over the Verrazanno bridge.

TOSRV is the next weekend, May 9-10. A very well run overnight road ride.
I'm not sure how many distant rides my car and my marriage will make.

Ride to Work Day is Friday, May 15th. I need to do this, this year.

The Montour Trail's newest section, connecting Morganza Road and Route 19 in Peters Township, is one of the most attractive trail segments you'll find anywhere, and I hope to be out there often this year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the TOSRV poster!

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--