January 25, 2009

Information Science 101

I had a very exciting experience Saturday when I received a courtesy copy of a recently printed textbook, Information Science 101 by Dr. Anthony Debons, who is one of my teachers.

The goal of the book is to produce a "101" textbook for information science, just like the 101 textbooks for computer science, library science, etc. With such a book, high school seniors can take an AP-type Intro to Info Science class, hopefully leading to increased enrollment in undergraduate Information Science programs.

I was fortunate to be able to make a very small contribution to the first chapter and it was gratifying to see things in print. Fortunately, I once worked at a newspaper and I became used to editors changing my perfect words actually editing, so I'm okay with that, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Feedback? Love that stuff. Please leave your thoughts in the box below--